Vietnam Veterans of America , Major Louis Guillermin Memorial Chapter 436 is proud to announce our program to provide memorial scholarships to candidates who are performing well academically and who demonstrate character in their life by sponsoring competition for two scholarships. The VVA 436 Scholarship is $3000, and the Elizabeth and Peter Pfiffer Scholarship is $3000. This is for students who intend to attend an accredited college or technical school in the Fall of 2020.
Awards are expected to be made no later than June 15th. Scholarships based upon two MERIT and CHARACTER.
- The scholarship is open to all but extra consideration will be given to military veterans, ROTC, or offspring of veterans. You must or will be registered to attend an accredited college, university or technical training school in the Fall of 2020. High school seniors, home school students, college students, (Veterans) and ROTC are eligible.
- Applicants must be legal residents of Chester County, PA. Proof of residency can be in the form of a driver’s license, voter registration, or other acceptable format. Veterans of U.S. Military must be honorably discharged and show DD214. Applicants who are applying on the basis of a veteran-relative must include a copy of that veteran’s DD214 document. ROTC must provide documentation to show eligibility.
- An original essay (no less than 500 words) on the topic posted by Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 436 (VVA436.org) each year must be submitted along with APPLICATION FORM. The essay must be typed or word processed, single sided, and submitted in hard copy with the application form to the address shown above ATTN: Scholarship Committee. Submitted no later than May 27th to the address above.
- You may choose one of the following two topics “HOW DO YOU PICTURE YOURSELF AND THE US IN 50 YEARS?” or “WHAT WOULD THE SHORT AND LONG TERM BENEFITS TO YOU BE IF YOU JOINED THE MILITARY”
- No cost for application, only one entry per applicant per year.
- Deadline and submission procedure can be downloaded from this website (VVA436.org), and provided in advance to each school’s coordinator/evaluator. SEE BELOW FOR A COPY OF THE RULES & PROCEDURE
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 436 Board of Directors shall appoint a rating committee from among its active memberships, who shall receive and evaluate the best submissions from each school and make the final official determination of that year’s winners. Their decision shall be final and not subject to appeal.
- Further details, updates and/or clarifications if needed will be posted on this website (VVA436.org) Any questions can be submitted on our CONTACT FORM
- Awardees are required to use scholarship funds toward education or forfeit the award. VVA436 suggests that you contact your tax advisor and/or the IRS website for rules governing the acceptance and use of monies from scholarships.