Vietnam Veterans of America
Major Louis Guillermin Memorial Chapter 436
is proud to announce
our program to provide memorial scholarships to candidates who are performing well academically and who demonstrate character in their life by sponsoring competition for two scholarships $1,000.00 each,
for students who intend to attend an accredited college or technical school in the Fall of 2018.
- Awards are expected to be made no later than April 15th.
- Scholarships based upon two MERIT and CHARACTER.
- All applicants must be U.S. Military Veterans, ROTC, or offspring of veterans who are, or will be registered to attend an accredited college, university or technical training school in the Fall of 2018. Those eligible candidates who wish to apply must be accepted to, or registered to said facility. Applicants, high school seniors, home school students, college students, (Veterans) and ROTC are eligible.
- Applicants must be legal residents of Chester County, PA. Proof of residency can be in the form of a driver’s license, voter registration, or other acceptable format. Veterans of U.S. Military must be honorably discharged and show DD214. Applicants who are applying on the basis of a veteran-relative must include a copy of that veteran's DD214 document. ROTC must provide documentation to show eligibility.
- An original essay (no less than 500 words) on the topic posted by Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 436 (VVA436.org) each year must be submitted along with APPLICATION FORM. The essay must be typed or word processed, single sided, and submitted in hard copy with the application form to the address shown above ATTN: Scholarship Committee. Submitted no later than April 15th to the address above.
- For 2018 the topic is “If the US should to go to war, what do you personally think about using the draft to fulfill the needs of the military. What are your feelings about re-instituting a draft?
- No cost for application, only one entry per applicant per year.
- Deadline and submission procedure can be downloaded from this website (VVA436.org), and provided in advance to each school’s coordinator/evaluator. CLICK HERE OR BELOW FOR A COPY OF THE RULES & PROCEDURE
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 436 Board of Directors shall appoint a rating committee from among its active memberships, who shall receive and evaluate the best submissions from each school and make the final official determination of that year’s winners. Their decision shall be final and not subject to appeal.
- Further details, updates and/or clarifications if needed will be posted on this website (VVA436.org) Any questions can be submitted on our CONTACT FORM
- Awardees are required to use scholarship funds toward education or forfeit the award. VVA436 suggests that you contact your tax advisor and/or the IRS website for rules governing the acceptance and use of monies from scholarships.
For a copy of the Student Counselor letter, click here
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
© Copyright 2015 VVA 436 All Rights Reserved Site designed & Maintained by Phil Prinzi, Proud VVA Life Member